Posted 03 Jul 2017
Is Your Skin Ready For The Summer? Here’s How You Can Optimize Your Skin Protection.
Spending time in the sun is fun and makes us feel good, and in the short term, makes us look good too. Sadly, our love for the sun is not a two-way street. Sun damage happens when we spend too much time exposed to harmful UV rays emitted by the sun. It can accelerate the formation of wrinkles and even cause skin cancer.
Thankfully there are options to shield yourself from sun damage. The most vital of them all is to use sunscreen. Choose sunscreen that has broad spectrum protection (against both UV and IR rays) and with an SPF value of 15 or higher. But remember, it acts as a filter and does not block out all the rays. So, it should not be used as a way to prolong your time in the sun. This is why using other forms of sun protection is essential. Wear a hat with a brim that is at least 2 to 3 inches in width all around. It will protect areas that are often exposed like your ears, eyes, forehead, nose, and scalp. It's even better if you can have a dark, non-reflective underside to the brim to help lower the amount of UV rays reaching your face from reflective surfaces like water. Long hours in the sun without protecting the delicate skin around your eyes can increase your chances of developing certain eye diseases. So, wear sunglasses that block 99% to 100% of UV and IR rays.
SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor and it’s the level of protection sunscreen provides against UV rays, which are the main cause of sun damage. No sunscreen can protect you completely but higher numbers do mean more protection. SPF 15 sunscreens filter out about 93% of UV rays, while SPF 30 sunscreens filter out about 97% and SPF 50 sunscreens about 98%. For best protection, experts recommend using sunscreen that has at least SPF 15, applying the proper amount (about one ounce for full body coverage), and reapplying every 2 hours.
With its iridescent light texture, the SK-II Atmosphere Airy Light UV Emulsion is easily absorbed without leaving your skin looking greasy. Upon application, your skin feels fresh and moisturized. It protects your skin holistically from the harshest conditions to prevent skin surface damage from UV and IR rays. It contains a magical ingredient called Pitera which is a concentrated formula full of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids for radiant skin. It also has Opuntia Extract, a natural ingredient consisting of a type of cactus extract which suppresses Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) to protect against skin surface damages caused by external aggressors. Last but not least, it contains Niacinamide which is Vitamin B3 and is able to improve skin barrier functions to prevent skin surface damage. Within 7 days of continuous use, you will see your skin return to its natural radiance.
For better and faster results, SK-II has a magical 5 step regime that will change your skin forever.
- Start with the Pitera infused Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser. It cleanses impurities around and inside pores while enveloping your skin with silky smoothness. You will feel the immense conditioning effect even after cleansing.
- Next, apply the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion that will exfoliate dead skin cells and impurities. Its clarifying formula prepares your face for the rest of your skincare regime.
- Then, treat your beautiful skin to the Facial Treatment Essence. It will help moderate your skin’s surface renewal cycle, protect it against dullness caused by UV and deterioration of skin texture when it’s exposed to pollutants. With regular use, your skin will become breathtakingly crystal clear.
- Use the GenOptics Aura Essence to reduce your skin's hidden and visible spot formations to reveal a spot-less gorgeous glow. It will leave your skin looking radiant and brighter from within.
- Finally, use the Atmosphere Airy Light UV Emulsion to protect your skin holistically from harshest of conditions and prevent skin surface damage. Read more about the Atmosphere Airy Light UV Emulsion here: http://www.sk-ii.com.my/en/product.aspx?name=atmosphere-spf30&from=uv-protection
For more tips on shielding your skin from sun damage, click here: http://www.sk-ii.com.my/en/whats-new/skin-solutions/Shield-Your-Skin-Against-Sunburn-And-UV.aspx