Are you an unlucky sufferer of oily skin? So oily that people around you often ask why you’re glowing so much? It’s likely that the reason behind this issue is that you have large pores. You have tried using various different creams, remedies and skincare products to shrink your pores, make them less visible and curb the grease with promising products that will break your bank. However, the amount of chemicals in the products can often make the situation worse. “Do I look shiny?” is constantly your question of the day and the answer is almost always positive. Your nose and your forehead are giving you a headache and wiping yourself down gives you the sensation of satisfaction. If there is a silver lining to your oily skin, it is seeing yourself age better and develop fewer fine lines than those with dry skin.
Check out a few tricks that can help you prevent oily skin with homemade and natural treatments, which are not only au naturel, but also safe and cost effective. One of the best things about home remedies is that you can easily make them out of ingredients that you likely already have in your home. All you need to do is follow the simple instructions below to reduce the size of your pores.
One of mother nature’s greatest gifts is aloe vera, capable of helping with all your skin care needs. This multipurpose leaf hydrates and moisturises the skin, soothes infections and inflammations, softens and tightens skin, and generally helps keep skin troubles at bay. In saying that, this slimy leaf is also an essential for more specialised uses such as treating oily skin.
- Tie your hair up to keep your hair away from a slimy situation.
- Slice an aloe vera in half and draw out the fresh gel to apply on your face.
- You’ll start to feel your face getting firmer as it dries out.
- Leave it on for about 20 - 30 minutes before you wash your face with clean water.
- For the best results, do this twice or thrice a day.
Embed link: href="https://www.pinterest.com/pin/31173422400550550/">
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
Apple cider vinegar helps to keep the skin from becoming greasy through leveling the pH level, which helps to tone and moisturise oily skin, and reduce the production of oil. It is rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties which are great to counter pimples and skin ailments. If applied regularly, it will not only exfoliate the impurities from the skin, but also leaving it healthy and radiant.
- Add a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar to three quarters of a cup of distilled water to create a diluted toner.
- Simply apply toner on your skin using cotton balls to dab across your face.
- Leave it on for about 5 - 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- For a positive result, apply this several times a week.
P.S. Substitute apple cider vinegar with white vinegar if the former is unavailable.
Cucumber Face Mask
Cucumber can be a favourite extract when it comes to formulating cosmetics. It has excellent cooling properties to control oil, produce ointments, gels, and face packs. To create a face pack, you’ll need yogurt and cucumber pulp.
- Mix yogurt and cucumber pulp to create a paste.
- Apply it on your face and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with water.
Orange has absorbing properties that helps to get rid of a variety of impurities from the pores, including toxins from the skin which cause harmful damage. The juicy fruit carries vitamin C which fights fine lines and leaves your skin dewy and fresh. The presence of citric acid is a natural astringent which helps to combat pimples and maintain oil-free skin. Applying this in a routine also helps to provide your skin with a natural glow.
- Dry out the orange peels until crisp in order to blend them into fine powder.
- To make rose water, boil rose petals with water just enough to cover the fresh petals at a medium-low heat until the colours are faded.
- Mix orange peel powder with rose water to create a paste.
- Apply a layer of paste on the skin and let it rest for 15 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Proceed application once in 2 - 3 days.
P.S. For a quick fix, apply orange juice literally on the skin to achieve fair and youthful skin
Egg White Face Mask
For this remedy, you’ll need 2 ingredients - 1 egg and ½ a lemon. Eggs are rich in protein for the body and offer plenty of nutrients that nourish the skin as well, whereas the acidity of the lemon is good to clean your skin. This natural face mask will keep your skin firm and soak up excess oil.
- Grab a bowl to separate egg white from the yolk and whip egg white until it looks frothy.
- Squeeze a teaspoon of lemon juice into bowl and whisk until it’s stiff.
- Gently apply mixture on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Repeat process 2-3 times a week for a more pleasing look.
Let us know your favourite natural homemade remedy in the comments below!