by Phyllis T.
Being in love is an incredible privilege. Some would describe it ‘the best thing ever.’ Throughout time, we’ve seen poets, artists, authors, and singers profess their love in various unique ways.
This Valentine’s season, take a page from Beauty Guide’s Blog on true love quotes. There are many ways to express ‘I love you.’ These three simple, yet powerful, words reach into the heart, mind, and soul.
1. I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Photo by Matias Rengel on Unsplash
2. I love you much (most beautiful darling) more than anyone on the earth and I like you better than everything in the sky. — E.E. Cummings
Photo by Nelly Volkovich on Unsplash
3. ‘I love you’ means that I accept you for the person that you are, and that I do not wish to change you into someone else. It means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you even when you’re in a bad mood, or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you’re down, not just when you’re fun to be with. ‘I love you’ means that I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them, asking in return that you do not judge me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to let go. It means thinking of you, dreaming of you, wanting and needing you constantly, and hoping you feel the same way for me. — Jonathan Safran Foer
Photo by averie woodard on Unsplash
4. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. — Scott Adams
Photo by Chinh Le Duc on Unsplash
5. When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. — Unknown
Photo by calvin chou on Unsplash
6. If I know what love is, it is because of you. — Hermann Hesse
Photo by Berkay Gumustekin on Unsplash
7. A boat needs the river to keep floating and I need you for my heart to keep beating. — Marjorie Jacobs
Photo by Jérôme Prax on Unsplash
8. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever. — Alfred Tennyson
Photo by Edward Koorey on Unsplash
9. When I am with you, I wish I could stop time so I could spend forever with you and never have to leave your company. — Megan Fleming
Photo by Uroš Jovičić on Unsplash
10. I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow. — Leo Christopher
Photo by Pam Ivey on Unsplash
What are some of the most beautiful true love quotes ever spoken? Do you have any personal love quotes by heart?
Leave us a comment on Beauty Guide Facebook and give us follow!