By Phyllis T.
Did you know, the perfect haircut or hairstyle can totally bring out your best features? Round face, oval face, square face, heart-shaped face. Whatever your face shape, there are several hairstyles that will suit you.
Celebrities are great examples of various hairstyles and basic face shapes. Check out 17 of the best examples you can show your hairdresser every time when you find yourself asking ‘Which haircut should I get?’
1. The perfect bangs have a 50:50 ratio of bangs and face. It’s simple math. Follow the Zooey Deschanel rule and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
2. An eye-grazing fringe is perfect for any face shape, especially square face. Check yourself out in a mirror to see if your face has equal width and height, and defined jawline.
3. Ideally, square faces appear strong and angular. Go for volume. A curling iron may be your new best friend.
A. Long waves
B. Long layered hairstyle with side bangs
C. A-line chin-length bob
4. Sideswept bangs is an all-time classic of the fringe game. It looks gorgeous on a heart-shaped face. Holler if you have a wider forehead and pointed jaw with small chin!
5. Shorter hair looks better for those who have heart-shaped face.
A. Medium hairstyle with flicks
B. Curly side pony
C. Curly hairstyle with side bangs
6. Switch up to wispy bangs to revamp your hairstyle. If you have a round face shape (ie. soft angles, and full, wide cheeks), this one is for you.
7. The golden rule to find the right hairstyle for round faces is to embrace length. Opt for longer hair and stunning bangs to elongate and break up the roundness:
A. Long layered hairstyle
B. Lob with a side part
C. Side wavy pony
8. Your face is longer than it is wide. Your forehead is slightly wider than your chin. Your jawline is rounded. Guess what? You have an oval face shape and you look great with any bang style.
9. Lucky you! Oval face shapes can wear any hairstyle like nobody’s business. You’ll look extra flattering with:
A. Long wavy hairstyle
B. Shoulder-length flip
C. A-line bob
Have you got your eyes on the best hairstyle for your face shape? What type of haircuts are you looking to try?
Did you know that contouring and highlighting your face can bring out your best features too?
If you’re thinking to get different hair ideas that will definitely flatter your hairstyle, see also: Mermaid Hair: 13 Ideas That Will Make You Insta-ready All Day
Share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest by using the super easy share buttons below to help out a clueless friend who needs this wisdom.
Follow us on Facebook. Don’t miss the latest beauty trends. Beauty Guide will be your guide.