Halloween is a day of accepting the unconventional as the norm. It is also a day to get creative with makeup to create the look of your favourite movie characters.
Check out this list for inspiration on cute, scary, and easy Halloween makeup looks.
1. Bill Skarsgård, as Pennywise - IT (2017)
The three primary colours you’ll need to create a demonic clown look are black, red, and white. Go over the top and extend dark red lipstick through your cheeks to your forehead.
2. Sofia Boutella, as Ahmanet - The Mummy (2017)
Shades of black, brown and white are widely used to create this look. The main element here is to draw symbols from head to toe.
3. Margot Robbie, as Harley Quinn - Suicide Squad (2016)
Go wild with eyeshadow smudge, glitter, eyeliner tattoo, lipstick smudge, and hair chalk to rock this sexy punk look.
4. Annabelle, as Demon Doll - Annabelle: Creation (2017)
Apply foundation and highlighter on your face, and pink stains on your cheeks. Contour to get chiseled jawbones and laugh lines. Do black smokey eyes and stick on dolly eyelash extensions. Create thin high arch eyebrows with black paint and use dark red on lips.
5. Bonnie Aarons, as Valak a.k.a. Demon Nun - The Conjuring 2 (2016)
Cover your face including your eyebrows with foundation and paint your lips black. Smear slightly beyond the area of your eyes with blue eyeshadow and colour your eye sockets with black eyeshadow.
6. Tobin Bell, as Jigsaw - Saw II (2005)
Put foundation on your face and apply dark smokey eyeshadow and black eyeliner on your eyes. Draw a few harsh lines on your chin area and then subtle lines on your nose. Have fun with red lipstick on your lips and cheeks.
7. Mila Kunis, as Lily - Black Swan (2010)
Don’t mind if you can’t dance like the White Swan in the movie. But dance away to celebrate Halloween with this makeup that exudes innocence and grace.
8. Natalie Portman, as Nina Sayers - Black Swan (2010)
One day when you’re motivated to truly connect with your dark side, try Black Swan’s makeup - the face of guile and sensuality.
9. Johnny Depp, as Edward Scissorhands - Edward Scissorhands (1990)
This makeup doesn’t focus too much on details. Essentially, make your face look pale, add a few scars and be a gentleman that has a strange attachment with scissors on a spooky night.
10. Helena Bonham Carter, as Red Queen - Alice in Wonderland (2010)
This comical look inspired by the Red Queen requires just a touch of several colours and much higher eyebrows. Don’t forget to recite her famous line “Off with his head!” wherever you go.
11. Angelina Jolie, as Maleficent - Maleficent (2014)
Disney’s characters are great source of costume ideas. If you don’t have an angular face or high cheekbones like Angelina Jolie, try contouring to create the shape you’re after.
12. Johnny Depp, as the Mad Hatter - Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Forget going subtle on Halloween. You’ll need neon-bright colours and a few basic makeup tools to improvise this look.
13. Jennifer Lawrence, as Mystique - X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
Paint your face blue and use slightly darker blue to touch up the shadows and edges. Finish it off with a hint of highlighter or shimmer powder and blend evenly to make your skin glow.
14. Mel Gibson, as William Wallace - Braveheart (1995)
Paint your face half blue and half white to emulate a Scottish warrior.
15. Elizabeth Banks, as Effie Trinket - The Hunger Games (2012)
Go colourful with your eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyelashes, cheeks and lips.
16. Zoe Saldana, as Gamora - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Cover your face entirely with green paint. Draw a few lines on your forehead and cheekbones using a white pencil liner.
17. Betty Lou Gerson, as Cruella De Vil - 101 Dalmatians (1961)
You probably need to wear your green eyeshadow till it reaches your real eyebrows. Draw a set of super curvy eyebrows, stick on a pair of eyelash extensions and perfect your pout in red.
Have you decided on your favourite look?
Did you enjoy our 17 easy Halloween makeup inspired by your favourite movie characters?
Stay in touch with us on Facebook and stay tuned for more!